November 1, 2014 by Italians in Chicago
Save the Date: On Monday, November 10, dine with Joe Bastianich and take a tour of some of the greatest Italian wines with the famed restaurateur, Eataly partner, author, and TV personality at Eataly’s fine dining restaurant, Baffo.
Savor a selection of 5 distinguished Italian vini in rare large formats and older vintages, complemented by a 5-course menu crafted to showcase these grandi vini. Bastianich will emcee the evening and guide us in a tasting of the following wines:
- Giulio Ferrari, ‘Riserva del Fondatore’ 2001, Trentino-Alto Adige
- Bastianich, Vespa Bianco 2007, Friuli-Venezia Giulia (3L)
- Borgogno, Barolo 1982, Piemonte
- Bastianich, Calabrone 2006, Friuli-Venezia Giulia (3L)
- Castello della Sala, Muffato della Sala 2007, Umbria
While exploring the spectrum of flavors that these wines have to offer, guests will indulge in 5 perfectly paired courses prepared by the Executive Chef of Eataly USA, Alex Pilas. The menu will include:
- Carne Cruda–Raw Razza Piemontese Beef with Black Truffle Carpaccio and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Risotto all’Aragosta–Lobster Risotto with Tarragon
- Agnolotti del Plin con Burro & Carote–Meat-Filled Agnolotti with Occelli Butter & Carrot Purée
- Vitello con Funghi Trifolati–Slow-Roasted, Porcini-Rubbed Veal Loin with Mixed Mushrooms
- Crespelle di Castagna–Chestnut Crepes with Pear & Mascarpone
Limited seating is available. For more information and to register, click here.